Culture and Org. -> Design: Conduction of advanced threat modelling
Risk and Opportunity
Risk: Inadequate identification of business and technical risks.
Opportunity: Threat modelling is performed by using reviewing user stories and producing security driven data flow diagrams.
Required knowledge: High (two disciplines)
Required time: Medium
Required resources (systems): Low
Example High Maturity Scenario:
Based on a detailed threat model defined and updated through code, the team decides the following:
- Local encrypted caches need to expire and auto-purged.
- Communication channels encrypted and authenticated.
- All secrets persisted in shared secrets store.
- Frontend designed with permissions model integration.
- Permissions matrix defined.
- Input is escaped output is encoded appropriately using well established libraries.
Source: OWASP Project Integration Project
OWASP SAMM 1 Mapping: TA2-B
ISO27001:2017 Controls Mapping:
- not explicitly covered by ISO 27001
- may be part of risk assessment